The K&N Horsepower Challenge is a prestigious race-within-a-race bonus event for the quickest Pro Stock drivers in NHRA’s Mello Yello Drag Racing Series.
The race features showdown-style eliminations amongst eight Pro Stock drivers, seven of whom accumulated the most points in qualifying during the course of the previous 24 races, plus one driver selected via fan vote.
The 2016 K&N Horsepower Challenge will be held at the Denso Spark Plugs NHRA Nationals at The Strip at Las Vegas Motors Speedway on Saturday, April 2nd.
Throughout the season, K&N awards $3,000 to the top qualifier at each NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series race leading up to the showdown. The winner of the K&N Horsepower Challenge will earn $50,000, and the runner-up will earn $10,000. The two semifinalists will earn $3,000 each, while the four first-round finishers will receive $2,500 each.
The fan vote ends at 11:59 pm on Sunday, March 27, 2016. To cast your vote go to: nhra.com/knhpchallenge.aspx
K&N Horsepower Challenge Point Standings
Following Gainesville, top qualifier awards in parentheses
1. Greg Anderson, Summit Racing Chevrolet Camaro (6) 3570
2. Erica Enders, Elite Motorsports Dodge Dart (4) 3445
3. Jason Line, Summit Racing Chevrolet Camaro (4) 3340
4. Chris McGaha, Harlow Sammons Chevrolet Camaro (3) 3265
5. Drew Skillman, Ray Skillman Chevrolet Camaro (3) 2965
6. Shane Gray, Gray Motorsports Chevrolet Camaro (1) 2950
7. Allen Johnson, Marathon Petroleum Dodge Dart (1) 2920
8. Vincent Nobile, Mountain View Tire Chevrolet Camaro 2780
9. Bo Butner, Jim Butner Auto Chevrolet Camaro (1) 2685
10. Jonathan Gray, Gray Manufacturing Chevrolet Camaro 2610