- The first running of the NHRA Gatornationals in Gainesville was in 1970. The first Pro Stock winner? Why, that would be Bill “Grumpy” Jenkins, of course. Side note: The first season Pro Stock was officially contested in NHRA competition was that same year (and Grumpy was fresh off a win at the Winternationals when he nabbed that Gators trophy).
- Current Pro Stock track records at Gainesville Raceway:
6.473, Mike Edwards, 2013
214.69 mph, Erica Enders, 2014
- Warren Johnson has the most Gatornationals wins of any driver in any pro category. WJ has nine Gainesville Wallys on the shelf down there at his shop in Sugar Hill, Ga. Nine out of 97 career Pro Stock wins!
- Summit Racing driver Jason Line has earned four Gatornationals wins for Summit Racing – that is the most of any currently competing Pro Stock driver.
- Only four currently competing Pro Stock drivers have earned a trophy at the Gatornationals.
Jason Line (4): 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011
Greg Anderson (3): 2004, 2007, 2015
Jeg Coughlin Jr. (2): 2001, 2008
Allen Johnson (2): 2013, 2014
- Gainesville Raceway is tied with Auto Club Raceway at Pomona as the venue most likely to host a first-time Pro Stock winner. Both tracks have ushered a newcomer to the winner’s circle on six occasions. First-time Gainesville Pro Stock winners:
Don Carlton, 1972
Wally Booth, 1974
Frank Iaconio, 1978
Don Campanello, 1986
Darrell Alderman, 1989
Kenny Delco, 1990
- 2016’s potential first-time Pro Stock winners at Gatornationals:
John “Jack” Gaydosh